Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Simple Ways to Cut Your Calorie Intake Tip #5

This next tip I have been doing for years and is extremely healthy, nutritious and delicious. Concocting your own smoothie at home can save more than 300 calories than those found in restaurant versions. Many restaurant smoothies have juices and extra sugar found in them that attribute to those extra calories. By making your own smoothie you have control of what is put into it and how much is yielded. 

My personal way of making a smoothie consists of:
1 8 oz. dannon vanilla yogurt
4 frozen strawberries
1 small-medium banana


This recipe usually yields about a 12 oz. cup 

The reason I use the word concoct is because you have the freedom of switching up the fruits to whatever you like, but just remember that there is sugar found in fruits so don't go overboard with them! I also make sure to freeze one of the fruits I use to help thicken the smoothie. It is used as a double duty job so I don't have to use ice, which in most cases will water down the smoothie and I personally like my smoothies thicker. In the end, making your own smoothie at home allows you to have fun with what you want in it and the type of consistency that is formed. You make yourself a yummy treat and save on all those unwanted calories!

No comments:

Post a Comment